Skating is one of the most cheerful sports and much popular among youth. It’s healthy, joyful and easy but the only negative side is high chances of getting injuries because icy surface can make you slip more often. For safe and sound skating, it’s essential to wear proper clothes especially padded shorts for skating. Soft padded shorts will keep you comfortable throughout the skating session and protect you from groin injuries that can be extremely dangerous.
There are many padded shorts in the market for skating but all do not promise to provide you with desirable comfort and protection. For your ease, here is the list of 8 best padded shorts for skating that you can buy online from Amazon in top-notch quality:
From the brand of Marruci, this padded short comes in a flawless blend of polyester and spandex with sponge padding. Where spandex fabric provides ease of movement, the quilted side panels of sponge material enables extra protection. It’s a flexible sport short that will keep you comfortable and protected with its soft cup.
- Fits easily due to its elastic stretch waistband
- Hygiene-friendly with anti-microbial feature
- Supports machine wash
With this product, you can enjoy skating at fullest without worrying about rear, hip and thigh injury. Crafted with soft and breathable mesh fabric, this short is highly flexible and comfortable. For greater protection, the shock absorbing EVA foam is used throughout the hip and tailbone areas.
- No cup but EVA foam is used for protection
- Supports machine wash and air dry
- Lightweight with no sweaty discomforts
This padded short is perfect for adult skaters who want to enjoy a smooth and comfortable time on the ice. Prepared with the blend of polyester and spandex, this sports product comes with sponge padding to enable great protection. From easy movement to moisture management, it offers all you desire as a skater!
- Absorbs sweat quickly
- Can be washed by hands
- Comes with a cup holder
This nylon fabricated lightweight padded short is a superb product for men as well as women. In addition to padding, it comes with EVA foam as well to protect the wearers from hip, tailbone and thigh injury. The material is super stretchy and enables easy movement so wearers must not feel bounded or uncomfortable during skating.
- No rashes due to skin-friendly fabric
- Shock absorbing foam prevents injuries
- Hand wash and hand dry is recommended
Available in three colors, the soared shorts are here with overall protection pads to resist butt, crotch and thigh injuries. With this protective gear, now you can skate fearlessly while feeling extremely comfortable. It’s a durable product that comes with double stitching strengthening the pads during bending and stretching movements.
- Prevents injuries with shock resistant feature
- Good ventilation design ensures dry and warm wearing
- Fitting is adjustable with its elastic waist band
This super protective short is here to save you from bum, thigh and tailbone injury. Made up of 4 way stretch Lycra, this flexible product fits comfortably under pants. It has total 5 removable pads that are quite breathable and do not cause discomfort. This short is unisex and stretchy enough to fit any shape.
- Comfortable waist with draw cord for fitting adjustments
- Insulated against snow
- Padding is not noticeable under loose fitting clothes
Featuring well-protected hip, tailbone and thighs with EVA foam padding, this sport short is perfect for beginner skaters who fall more often. This lightweight short comes with drawstring so you may adjust the fitting according to your waist size and comfort-level. The breathable mesh fabric makes this piece skin friendly and least irritating.
- Hand wash is recommended for pads safety
- Dual stitching enables long-lasting use
- Fabric doesn’t cause itchiness or rashes
Last but not the least; this padded short is an incredible EVA product with exclusive features of elasticity and breathability. With its proper padding, your hip, thigh and tailbone are well-protected whereas the cotton lining promises to provide greater comfort. This sporty protective gear is definitely going to be your best skate companion!
- Fabric doesn’t stick to skin
- Can be washed by hand easily
- Close-fitting shorts hence order larger size
Why You Must Use Padded Shorts For Skating?
Skating is a wonderful sport that involves the use of skateboards or skating shoes. For concrete surface, people use roller skates whereas for icy surface, boots with blade bottoms are required. Many people do it as sports while many enjoy skating as a leg workout. The most important fact about skating, every person must know before attempting this activity, is that there are huge chances of falling and getting serious injuries. Even if you’re a trained skater, you never know when the slippery surface and skaters disturb your balance and make you fall. Falling while skating might result in groin, hip, thigh and tailbone injuries that can be extremely severe and painful. Simple shorts cannot protect you from such injuries but padded shorts can do it pretty impressively due to shock resistant foam. No matter how hard you fall, the foam padding will protect your delicate parts and save you from broken bones.
How Does A Padded Short Prevent Injuries?
Not only ice skaters but mountain bikers, footballers and snowboarders also use padded shorts to do sports with great protection. There is only one difference between simple shorts and padded shorts, which plays a significant role in preventing injuries. Simple shorts are just one layer fabric items that cannot protect the covered area in colliding situations. But padded shorts come with foam filled panels and blocks, which cover hip, tailbone, thigh and groin areas. So when covered body parts bump into solid surfaces, the shock resistant foam prevents direct collision and ensures safety.
What Things to Consider for Avoiding a Bad Purchase?
When it comes to purchasing a padded short for skating, you cannot buy just ‘any padded short’ but need to consider a few essential things.
- Buy shorts with dual stitch feature as it ensures the long-lasting use of the item.
- During sports, sweating is unavoidable and triggers discomfort hence look for the material that is moisture absorbent and prefer the design which involves ventilation feature.
- Also make sure that fabric is stretchy enough to allow flexible leg movements.
- Do check the padding carefully as it must protect your hip, tailbone, groin and thighs.
- Also prefer the shorts with EVA foam padding because it ensures comfort and super-protection.
- The last but the most important thing you need to consider while purchasing a padded short is to choose the right size because the pads of loose and tighter shorts won’t be able to cover the targeted area properly.
The post The 8 Best Padded Shorts for Skating appeared first on Best Longboard Brands & Best Longboard 2017 Reviews.